We are currently looking for an AZ or DZ Class Driver to join our team in Hamilton and Mississauga. Please apply if you are passionate about customer service and enjoy working at a fast pace.
The candidate will ensure the safe and efficient delivery and pick-up of Heavy/Medium Equipment rented and/or sold to customers using the appropriate A or D Class vehicle(s). Equipment delivered will include but not be limited to our Heavy/Medium equipment fleet, general tool, merchandise, heaters, propane bottles and other miscellaneous items. Operate all Company vehicles in accordance with all Municipal, Provincial and Federal laws. Provide the highest level of customer service possible when dealing with customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must have valid Ontario AZ/DZ Class license and provide clean abstract (current within 30 days). Solid knowledge of the GTA.
- Minimum 1 year of driving experience in an AZ or DZ class truck
- Rental industry experience an asset
- Excellent communications skills and sound judgement
- Must have a mindset of safety and compliance
- Must be able to lift 65lbs on a regular basis and willing to work in all types of weather safely loading and unloading equipment at job sites.
- Must have superior customer service skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Knows how to safely load, transport and operate every piece of heavy/medium equipment being delivered and able to explain its operations to customers.
- Ensuring that every customer is treated in the same fair and consistent manner by remaining professional both in conduct and appearance.
- Deliver and pick-up all products in a safe manner within the time parameters given by the customer.
- Follow all paperwork procedures related to the delivery and pick-up of products for customers. This includes maintaining all inventory control documents.
- Operates and loads vehicle safely following and follows all relevant legislation.
- Helping with general maintenance around the yard.
- Adhere to all Company and Customer Safety Standards.